Rainwater Harvesting Systems are available from us to fulfil any application from the smallest residential system to large commercial application's. We have designed and supplied many installations for domestic and commercial installations. The most popular model for light domestic use is the L-3000 model installation with a 3000 litre below ground harvesting tank with a L-CRV-DS/BGM7 pressure booster system.
Technical Details on L-3000 System package
The equipment package consists of the following;
1. Maxi-Rain 3000 Polyester Rain Water harvesting Tank Code UK2203000
Stainless Steel Suction Strainer, Self Cleaning Suction Filter, Anti-siphon Trap, Fixing Straps, Stainless Steel Anti Rodent System, Bolt on Lid, System Connections.
2. Tank Dimensions
Diameter 1430mm Height 2419mm Weight 213 Kg
3 – Tank Connections
1 x 110mm Duct for float
1 x 50mm Duct (c/w draw string)
1 x 110mm Rainwater inlet connection
1 x 110mm Water Overflow Outlet to soakaway
1 x 110mm Water Outlet from the lead screen to soakaway
4. Pump Package
The Lowara Pump Package Model CPV-DS/BGM7 Code UK2205700 is supplied complete with control equipment and float assembly, Automatic change over valve in the event of lack of rain water and two suction lines.
900mm High x300mm Deep x730mm Long Weight 23 Kg
Plumbing Connections ¾”
Power Supply 240v Single Phase 1.11 Kw motor, 5Amp Fused
5 . Duct requirements (by others on site)
1 off 110mm Osma duct from the pump location to the Rainwater Harvesting Tank
1 off 50mm Duct (as above
L-3000 Harvesting Tank awaiting installation
Correct installation of the harvesting tank is critical, if the following instructions are deviated from in any way the warranty may be compromised.
Harvesting Tank - Embedded Tank Installation Instructions.
Tank installation is to undertaken as follows,
1. Ensure the tank is sealed from foreign debris entering during installation.
2. To avoid any lateral forces being exerted upon the tank it should be located outside of a 45 degree angle of the base of any nearby foundations.
3. Ideally the tank should be within 12 metres of the harvesting pump station.
4. The excavation works should allow for a 200mm bed of lean mix concrete with one layer of embedded A98 steel mesh.
5. Steel loops (4 off) should be hooked into the A98 mesh and be proud of the tanks base 1/3rd in from either end, this will provide a fixing point for the tank restraining straps.
6. 150mm of sloppy weak mix cement should be poured directly on top of the base slab just prior to installation.
7. The tank should be carefully lowered into the hole and gently bedded onto the weak cement slurry mix.
8. Fixation straps should be fixed to the four (4) steel hooks and loosely tensioned.
9. Fill the tank 2/3rdfull with water, tension the restraining straps and backfill with lean mix concrete, compact each 300mm layer gently
by hand. Ensure the concrete infill is compacted evenly on all sides.
10. Fill the tank to the overflow level and continue to backfill and compact in an even manner upto the overflow level.
11. Connect the overflow run off pipe to the 110mm pvc connection.
12. Extend the 110mm overflow in solid plastic to the energy probe & onwards to soak away.
13. Install the tank access lid and cover.
14. Extend 50mm electrical / sensor duct c/w drawstring from tank to pump station.
15. Install 110mm service duct from tank to pump station
16 - Backfill the remaining area with top soil.
15. Leave the water in the tank until commissioning.
Other Below Ground Harvesting Tanks in the Range
Below Ground Domestic Harvesting Range
Booster Pump Options
For all aplications either Commercial or Domestic Please Contact Us.